(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a range of skills and techniques to enable delegates to apply financial management to the areas within their control.
The objectives of the course are:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the three key financial statements.
- To develop a practical understanding of cost control and reduction.
- To be able to illustrate the relationship between costs and pricing.
- An introduction to financial management
- financial quiz
- review of management accounts and published accounts
- The key elements of cost control
- how costs are affected by activity
- knowing which costs can be controlled by the manager
- measures of activity and performance
- Costs and pricing
- pricing and marginal costing
- breaking even
- quoting a fixed price
- Action planning and feedback