(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing the skills and techniques required to negotiate effectively in a variety of situations.
The objectives of the course are:
- To describe the basic principles of the negotiating process.
- To develop techniques and skills aimed at improving performance.
- To be able to apply these skills and techniques in a wide range of situations.
- What is negotiation?
- the stages involved
- the skills required for effective negotiation
- Planning for negotiation
- the structure of a negotiation
- identifying ideal, realistic and fallback positions
- anticipating problems and developing acceptable solutions
- applying a range of negotiating techniques
- maintaining a positive, continuing relationship
- measuring the success of a negotiation
- Action planning and feedback