(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a range of planning tools and techniques to enable delegates to become more effective in a variety of work related situations.
The objectives of the course are:
- To describe the elements of the planning process.
- To develop techniques and skills aimed at improving performance.
- To be able to apply these skills and techniques in a wide range of situations.
- Understanding the planning and control process
- the stages involved
- the skills required to plan effectively
- the barriers to effective planning
- Setting objectives and measuring performance
- the link between planning and control
- setting effective objectives
- evaluating performance
- anticipating problems and reviewing plans
- Using planning techniques and tools
- using management by objectives as a planning tool
- using critical path analysis as a control technique
- maintaining and tracking plans
- Action planning and feedback