(Duration of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a range of skills, strategies and tactics for effective project management.
The objectives of the course are:
- To describe the principles of planning, implementing and controlling projects.
- To develop techniques for estimating, scheduling and monitoring projects.
- To apply these techniques on daily project management activities.
- Defining the project
- estimating the project
- identifying project tasks using work break-down structures
- specifying tasks, deliverables and completion criteria
- Producing a project management plan
- aims and contents
- agreeing the contract
- generating and optimising a schedule
- Risk management
- identifying and analysing risks
- preparing contingency plans
- Tracking the project
- managing people
- building and motivating the team
- monitoring progress
- Action planning and feedback