(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a practical understanding of effective facilitation and of the skills required of the facilitator, to enable delegates to apply these skills in workplace situations.
The objectives of the course are:
- To define the term facilitation.
- To explain the situations in which facilitation is needed.
- To identify and practice the skills required for successful facilitation.
What is facilitation and why is it necessary?
- defining facilitation
- the role of the facilitator
- how people communicate
- active listening skills
- questioning techniques
- stages of group development
- the ways that people operate in groups
- thinking out of the box
Action planning and feedback