(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a range of skills and techniques to enable delegates to identify and use appropriate assertive behaviour in the workplace.
The objectives of the course are:
- To define assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour.
- To draw up a list of techniques and tactics for effective assertiveness.
- To be able to apply these techniques and tactics in the workplace.
- Defining assertiveness
- the benefits of behaving assertively
- alternatives to assertiveness
- Dealing with difficult situations
- techniques to use
- handling difficult people
- saying no!
- Types of assertiveness
- six ways of behaving assertively
- handling conflict situations positively
- Action planning and feedback