(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing the coaching skills and techniques required by those who are involved in leading a team. Delegates will design, deliver and evaluate a short coaching session.
The objectives of the course are:
- To describe the basic principles of coaching.
- To develop a range of practical coaching skills and techniques.
- To deliver and evaluate a practical coaching session.
- What is coaching?
- the steps involved
- the role of the team leader
- attributes of a good coach
- The coaching process
- self-assessment of coaching skills
- planning the coaching process
- agreeing achievable objectives
- Planning a coaching session
- identifying coaching opportunities
- preparing materials
- using effective presentation and instructional techniques
- Coaching effectiveness
- evaluating the session and the techniques used
- objective measurement and evaluation
- avoiding common pitfalls
- Action planning and feedback