(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing the skills required to conduct an effective appraisal review interview based on a formalised appraisal review process.
The objectives of the course are:
- To describe the basic principles of successful appraisal review.
- To develop techniques and skills aimed at improving performance.
- To apply the skills and techniques before, during and after the review.
- Understanding the appraisal review process
- what is appraisal review?
- structure of an effective review
- completing the pro-formas
- process before, during and after the review
- Setting objectives and measuring performance
- agreeing achievable objectives
- evaluating performance
- handling under-achievement
- Developing effective reviewing skills
- motivating the appraisee and building rapport
- questioning techniques and assertiveness skills
- delegates conduct appraisal review meetings
- Action planning and feedback