(Durations of Courses: 1 Day)
This course is aimed at developing a practical awareness of the processes behind strategic planning and the link to day-to-day operational objectives and performance measures.
The objectives of the course are:
- To demonstrate the processes involved in setting a corporate strategy.
- To define the link between strategic planning and operational planning.
- To illustrate measures of performance including budgeting and a range of financial tools.
- Understanding corporate strategy and objectives
- definitions of strategy
- strategic issues
- different approaches to strategy
- Linking strategic and operational planning
- external and internal influences on planning
- aligning corporate and personal goals
- Performance measures
- financial measures
- other measures
- Planning and budgeting
- definitions of budgets and budgeting
- zero-based budgeting
- Action planning and feedback